Assistant Construction Manager
AMCAL Multi-Housing, Inc., a rapidly growing private developer of diverse real estate projects, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Assistant Project Manager. Primary job responsibilities will be to assist the Project Manager in coordinating, implementing, and managing all activities related to multi family affordable housing development throughout Southern California.
Candidates for the Assistant Project Manager position should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree and 2 years on the job experience in real estate development with an emphasis in multi-family housing and/or affordable housing or related field.
Candidates should be skilled with the MS Office suite, and recognize that detail oriented tasks are critical to a business' long-term success.
This is a mid-level position that reports to the V.P. of Operations and Development.
- Reports directly to the Construction Manager.
- Prepare and submit bi-monthly job status reports to the Construction Manager.
- Review and prepare Change orders and Purchase orders for Construction Manager.
- Track and process all Submittals, Shop drawings, RFI's, As-Builts and associated Logs.
- Prepare close-out packages and binders for lender, Asset Management group, General Contractor and Development group.
- Track warranty issues as needed in conjunction with management company.
- Maintain a thorough paper trail including overseeing all construction related filing with Contract Administrator along with the personal saving and filing of all electronic documents accordingly.
- Use of personal vehicle will be required for travel and a valid driver's license and insurance is required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. Must be physically able to walk construction projects over rough terrain, climb ladders, ascend second floors and roofs, etc. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Exemplary organizational and communication skills, a high capacity to multi-task, and the ability to manage consultants and personalities are prerequisites.
- Position based in Agoura Hills, CA - relocation not covered.
- A criminal background check and review of current driving record may be required.
- Salary – DOE
- Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense
- Life Insurance
- 401K participation.
- Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years.
- Eight paid holidays
- Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance.