Construction Superintendent – Adaptive Re-use Historic Project
AMCAL General Contractors, Inc., a rapidly growing developer/builder of diverse real estate projects, is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the position of on site Construction Superintendent. Primary job responsibilities will be related to overseeing and driving the construction of a historic adaptive re-use project in Los Angeles, California.
Candidates should have five years experience in supervising construction projects that include re-use and re-habilitation of existing buildings and on and off site work infrastructure work including dry and wet utilities, street improvements and grading. Historic rehabilitation project experience will be given strong consideration. Candidate should be familiar with MS Word and Outlook, and a plus to be familiar with Excel and MS Projects or other project management software such as Prolog.
Reports to: Construction Manager
- Assist Construction Manager in hiring on site associates including assistant supers and labor.
- Help coordinate construction plans with Construction Manager and Consultants as required.
- As directed by the Construction Manager, during pre-construction phase if appropriate, assist Construction Manager on obtaining subcontractors and pricing as may be required as well as during the construction process as well as analyzing change orders, etc...
- Oversee the construction process (including all subcontractors, assistants and labor) on all levels and ensure a timely and quality completion of project including keeping daily logs and generation weekly reports on construction progress. Oversee and coordinate all Building & Safety and City Planning and utility company inspections as required.
- Monitor all safety procedures of the site at all times and verify CalOsha safety practices are followed.
- Maintain construction inventory of company owned equipment, furniture, materials, etc...
- Oversee the quality control and assure product transition to the Management Company or Buyer.
- General work hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday but work on weekends may be required from time to time as required to run the Construction in an efficient manner and to stay on schedule.
- Maintain an as-built set of construction plans color coding all changes and/or update with consultants and maintain an as-built file with all related information from consultants, government agencies, utility companies, etc...
- Work with Construction Manager on a monthly basis in the approval of all bills for construction draws and meet with construction lenders' inspectors as required.
- Maintain a neat and presentable on site construction office and maintain all construction files including confidential subcontract files in an appropriate manner.
- Oversee all weekly subcontractor and safety meetings.
- Use of personal vehicle will be required (valid driver's license and insurance required)
- Exemplary organizational, leadership and communication skills, a high capacity to multi-task, a high level of self-motivation and the ability to manage construction field personnel and interact with all levels of City officials and construction lender officials.
- Position based on construction site, local proximity to site is preferred but not required.
- A criminal background check and review of current driving record may be required
- Salary – DOE
- Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense
- Life Insurance
- 401K participation.
- Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years.
- Eight paid holidays
- Project bonus based on individual and company performance after project Certificate of Occupancy