AMCAL is a rapidly growing private developer of diverse real estate projects, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Project Accountant.
Candidates for the Project Accountant position should have a minimum of 5 years of accounting or finance experience in real estate development.
Candidates should be skilled with the MS Office, Excel and Maxwell accounting system, and recognize that detail oriented tasks are critical to a business’ long-term success.
This is a mid-level accounting position reporting to the Accounting Manager
- All payables, job costs and monthly loan draws to multiple Lenders and compliance agencies per project. Reconcile and maintain AMCAL Books and Bank Lender Statements and get corporate signature. Bill for fees when due (developer, general contractor, asset management, etc.)
- All project accounting and monthly financials for assigned projects.
- Budget (internal and lender) maintenance. Candidate inputs approved budgets, check all coding and maintain budgets for Project Managers and Construction Managers.
- Provide reports to CPA when a written check list of items needed is provided.
- Pay all property tax bills. Have them approved.
- Write journal entries with have detailed explanation and have them approved and signed by the Accounting Manager.
- Set up and maintain any due diligence projects assigned.
- Applicant should have a strong construction and development accounting background and work experience and/or coursework in a field supporting the job requirements, with cumulative applicable work experience. Experience with a LIHTC Developer helpful.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills and a high capacity to multi-task are prerequisites.
- Position based in Agoura Hills, CA – relocation not covered
- A criminal background check and review of current driving record will be required
- Verification of previous job salary (copy of three payroll stubs at current job)
- Salary – DOE
- Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense
- Life Insurance
- 401K participation.
- Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years.
- Eight paid holidays
- Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance.