Posted March 19, 2021
AMCAL Multi-Housing, Inc., a rapidly growing developer of affordable, market rate and student housing, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Senior Project Manager. Primary job responsibilities will be to coordinate, implement, and manage activities related to affordable housing developments in California, Washington State and Texas. Development includes the acquisition of land, performing all tasks necessary to conduct feasibility analysis, obtaining entitlements, preparing pro formas and applications to obtain all necessary project financing, and coordinating with the development team to obtain all required permits to start construction. This position will work out of our Agoura Hills or West Los Angeles office in a fast-paced work environment. Candidates for the Senior Project Manager position should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and 10 years on the job experience in real estate development with an emphasis in multi-family housing, specifically affordable housing development/ project management. Additional consideration will be given to candidates with a Master’s degree in real estate, city and regional planning, business, finance, public policy, architecture or a related field. Candidates should be skilled with the MS Office suite, and recognize that detail-oriented tasks are critical to a business’ long-term success. Responsibility for project success begins with the proper evaluation of land acquisition strategies and procurement of the required public subsidies. The Senior Project Manager will work with the Project Managers and Senior Staff to best position these efforts and ensure successful completion of all applications and calculate financing strategies. The position may include additional Project Management responsibilities, as listed below. This is a high-level position that reports to Vice President of Development.
- Research and develop financing sources, prepare/coordinate financing applications and meet other lender requirements.
- Coordinate with Director of Tax Credit programs to procure construction and permanent financing for developments.
- Assist Director of Tax Credit program with due diligence requirements for Investors/Lenders at partnership/loan closings.
- Assist Director of Tax Credit programs in analyzing partnership structure, lender products to realize most advantageous terms for AMCAL and the development
- Maintain up to date information bank for all funding sources available for the development of affordable housing in California and their application to current and pipeline projects.
- Assist in the preparation and updates of project proformas.
- Oversee Project Managers in organizing, coordinating, documenting and facilitatating partnership and escrow closings.
- Provide input on project design development and make sure project plans and specifications are received by construction in a timely manner.
- Work with construction department, and Director of Tax Credit program to prepare project’s development and construction budget.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to complete project funding applications to local, state, and federal agencies and ultimately close the financing with all such agencies.
- Oversee Project Managers in managing and working with the construction team to ensuring a financially feasible and operationally viable development in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Assist Project Managers to monitor and prepare project budgets, cash flow projections, and project schedules.
- Assist Project Managers to monitor contract compliance, project budgets, and flow of funds throughout the development
- Assist Project Managers to manage the construction process including compliance with local government and lender requirements.
- Assist Project Managers to ensure compliance with plans and specifications with the construction department.
- Assist Project Managers to manage all key dates/activities regarding various tax credit agencies on awarded projects, (150-day rule, Carryover/10% extension, Final Res, 8609).
- Assist Project Managers to manage the conversion process from construction to Asset Management
- Promote the highest quality development that reinforces AMCAL’s commitment to long term viability.
- Strategize and coordinate with other departments to make sure that programmatic issues with respect to the development and operations are adequately addressed.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings and general AMCAL meetings as required.
- Undertake any other projects or tasks as may be assigned.
Applicant should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years on the job experience in real estate development with an emphasis in multi-family housing and/or affordable housing development project management. Additional consideration will be given to candidates who possesses a Master’s degree in real estate, city and regional planning, business, finance, public policy, architecture or a related field and two years of experience in affordable housing. Extensive experience with low income housing tax credits is a prerequisite. High degree of independence, motivation, and accountability. High degree of competence with private and public debt financing and equity typical for affordable housing development. Proven experience in all phases of new construction development process. Exposure to design issues and construction materials and methods. Able to work with time sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines. Exceptional organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills and a high capacity to multi-task are prerequisites. Excellent interpersonal skills is a must. Ability to work with a team. Prior employee management experience is required and will be verified. Position: Position based in Agoura Hills, or West Los Angeles, CA – relocation not covered A criminal background check and review of current driving record may be required.
- Salary – DOE
- Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense
- Life Insurance
- 401K participation
- Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years, 4 weeks thereafter
- Eight paid public holidays
- Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance after FYE
- No phone calls, please
- Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
AMCAL Multi-Housing, Inc.
The AMCAL group of Companies, one of the Nation’s leading housing development companies is developing quality rental and ownership residential properties throughout California, Washington State and Texas including Affordable Housing, Luxury Apartment Housing and Student Housing. The Company was founded in 1978. An affiliated company, AMCAL General Contractors Inc. builds all of AMCAL’s projects. For more information, visit our website at www.amcalhousing.com. AMCAL Multi-Housing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.