AMCAL, a rapidly growing private developer of diverse real estate projects, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Assistant Accounting Manager. Primary job responsibilities will be related to assisting in the oversight of the company’s accounting staff and budgetary reporting.
Candidates for the Assistant Accounting Manager position should have a minimum of seven (7) years accounting or finance experience in real estate development. Tax Credit and Student Housing experience is a plus.
Candidates should be skilled with Excel, Microsoft Word, Sage 300 “Timberline,” and Maxwell Management Suite and recognize that detail-oriented tasks are critical to a business’s long-term success.
This is a senior level position that will report to the Accounting Manager. Candidates should be capable of independently managing a complete accounting staff.
• Assist in the supervision of and review output of 5 to 7 project accountants on development and construction accounting and loan draws and payments.
• Review monthly financial statements prepared by the project accountants.
• Initiate and/or support correspondence with equity partners and debt lenders as needed.
• Support activities of corporate auditors as requested by Accounting Manager.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis to assist with the annual budgeting process and senior management requests.
• Assist Accounting Manager with year-end tax return review and correspondence with CPA on all active development and construction projects.
• Ensure compliance with HCID-LA requirements, HUD requirements, and other lender requirements.
• Help update Policy and Procedures of Accounting Department.
• Review JE’s for Escrow Closings, Sales, Construction Financing, Permanent Lender Conversions.
• Review Cost Certifications for Tax Credit Projects.
• Review Market Rate Operating Agreements, Ensure Accountants are abiding by the terms.
• Applicant should have a bachelor degree in accounting or finance and work experience and/or graduate level coursework in a field supporting the job requirements, with cumulative applicable work experience of at least seven (7) years.
• Public accounting experience for real estate focused company beneficial, but not required.
• Exceptional organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills and a high capacity to multi-task are prerequisites.
• Prior employee management experience is required and will be verified.
• Position based in Agoura Hills, CA – relocation not covered.
• A criminal background check and review of current driving record may be required.
• Salary – DOE
• Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense
• Life Insurance
• 401K participation with matching after six months
• Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years
• Eight paid holidays
• Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance
• No phone calls, please.
• Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AMCAL group of Companies, one of the Nation’s leading housing development companies is developing quality rental and ownership residential properties throughout California, Texas and Washington, including Affordable Housing, Luxury Apartment Housing and Student Housing. The Company was founded in 1978. An affiliated company, AMCAL General Contractors Inc. builds all of AMCAL’s projects. For more information, visit our website at www.amcalhousing.com. AMCAL Multi-Housing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.