AMTEX Construction, LLC, a rapidly growing developer and general contractor of diverse real estate projects in Texas, is seeking an energetic individual to fill the position of Assistant Construction Superintendent. Primary job responsibilities will be related to the construction management of multifamily residential projects in Fort Worth/Dallas, Houston and Austin, Texas areas.
Candidates should have minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in supervising construction projects ranging from 2 story walk-up garden style, 3 and 4 story infill type V construction over concrete podium garages, and on and off site infrastructure work including dry and wet utilities, street improvements and grading. Candidate should be familiar with MS Word and Outlook, and a plus to be familiar with Excel and MS Projects or other project management software such as Procore.
Reports to: Superintendent
- As directed by the Superintendent, provide bid and proposal support during the pre-construction, and construction phases, assist the Construction Manager in identifying bidders, obtaining pricing, and evaluating proposals as required during the construction process.
- Oversee and manage all onsite activity throughout the construction process (including all subcontractors, assistants and labor) on all levels and ensure a timely and quality completion of project.
- Prepare and maintain daily logs and weekly reports throughout the construction process.
- Oversee and coordinate all Building & Safety and City Planning and utility company inspections as required.
- Perform a daily safety walk and implement corrective actions as required to ensure that the project is safe for all workers, and visitors throughout the day.
- Maintain construction inventory of company owned equipment, furniture, materials, etc.
- Oversee the quality control and assure product transition to the Management Company or Buyer.
- General work hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday but work on weekends may be required from time to time in order to maintain the schedule delivery.
- Maintain an as-built set of construction plans color coding all changes and/or update with consultants and maintain an as-built file with all related information from consultants, government agencies, utility companies, etc.
- Maintain a neat and presentable on site construction office and maintain all construction files including confidential subcontract files in an appropriate manner.
- Work with Superintendent to prepare all weekly subcontractor coordination, scheduling, and safety meetings.
- Monitor all safety procedures, maintain a clean, safe site at all times and verify OSHA safety practices are followed.
- Use of personal vehicle will be required (valid driver’s license and insurance required).
- Exemplary organizational, leadership and communication skills, a high capacity to multi-task, a high level of self-motivation and the ability to manage construction field personnel and interact with all levels of City officials and construction lender officials.
- Position based on construction site, local proximity to site is preferred but not required.
- A criminal background check and review of current driving record will be required.
- Salary – DOE
- Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense
- Life Insurance
- 401K participation
- Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years
- Eight paid holidays
- Project bonus based on individual and company performance after project Certificates of Occupancy and all punch list items have been completed.
- No phone calls, please.
- Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
AMTEX Construction, LLC, is a Farmers Branch, Texas-based, real estate development company that develops and builds high-quality multi-family rental affordable and market-rate homes. Since entering the Texas market in 2012, AMTEX has quickly established itself as a presence in the affordable housing and market-rate multi-family apartment landscape, andis an affiliate of AMCAL Multi-Housing, Inc. AMCAL was founded in 1978, and is one of the Nation’s leading housing development companies, developing rental residential properties throughout California, Texas and Washington, including Affordable Housing, Luxury Apartment Housing and Student Housing. For more information, visit our website at www.amcalhousing.com. AMTEX Construction, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer.