AMCAL General Contractors, Inc., is a rapidly growing private developer of diverse real estate projects, and is seeking an individual to fill the position of Construction Project Accountant.
Candidates for the Construction Project Accountant position should have a minimum of 5 years of accounting or finance experience in real estate development.
Candidates should be skilled with the MS Office, Excel, Sage 300 “Timberline,” and Maxwell accounting systems, and recognize that detail-oriented tasks are critical to a business’s long-term success.
This is a mid-level accounting position reporting to the Accounting Manager.
• All payables, job costs and monthly loan draws to multiple Lenders and compliance agencies per project. Reconcile and maintain AMCAL Books and Bank Lender Statements and get corporate signature. Bill for fees when due (developer, general contractor, asset management, etc.).
• All project accounting and monthly financials for assigned projects.
• Budget (internal and lender) maintenance. Candidate inputs approved budgets, checks all coding and maintains budgets for Project Managers and Construction Managers.
• Provide reports to CPA when a written checklist of items needed is provided.
• Pay all property tax bills. Have them approved.
• Write journal entries that have detailed explanation and have them approved and signed by the Accounting Manager.
• Set up and maintain any due diligence projects assigned.
• Applicant should have a strong construction and development accounting background and work experience and/or coursework in a field supporting the job requirements, with cumulative applicable work experience. Experience with a Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) developer helpful.
• Exceptional organizational, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills and a high capacity to multi-task are prerequisites.
• Position based in Agoura Hills, CA – relocation not covered.
• A criminal background check and review of current driving record will be required.
• Salary – DOE
• Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense.
• Life Insurance.
• 401K participation.
• Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years.
• Eight paid holidays.
• Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance.
• No phone calls, please.
• Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
AMCAL General Contractors, Inc., one of the Nation’s leading housing development companies, is developing quality rental and ownership residential properties throughout California, Texas and California, including Affordable Housing, Luxury Apartment Housing and Student Housing. AMCAL General Contractors Inc. builds all of AMCAL’s projects. The Company was founded in 1978. For more information, visit our website at www.amcalhousing.com. AMCAL General Contractors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.