AMTEX Construction, LLC, a rapidly growing developer and general contractor of diverse real estate projects in Texas, is seeking an energetic individual to fill the position of Construction Superintendent. Primary job responsibilities will be related to the construction management of multifamily residential projects in Houston, Texas.
Candidates should have minimum seven years’ experience in supervising construction projects ranging from 2 story walk-up garden style, 3 and 4 story infill type v construction over concrete podium garages, and on and off site infrastructure work including dry and wet utilities, street improvements and grading. Candidate should be familiar with MS Word and Outlook, and a plus to be familiar with Excel and MS Projects or other project management software such as Procore.
Reports to: Construction Manager
- Assist Construction Manager in hiring on site associates including assistant supers and labor.
- Help coordinate construction plans with Construction Manager and Consultants as required.
- During the pre-construction phase, assist Construction Manager in obtaining subcontractors and pricing as required, as well as during the construction process. Help Construction Manger analyze change orders, etc.
- Produce a four week look-ahead micro schedule to hand out at weekly subcontractor meetings (in Excel template provided by AMTEX).
- Produce daily and weekly reports to document all activities at jobsite.
- Maintain a sign-in and sign-out procedure to be followed by all subcontractors and visitors to the jobsite.
- Oversee the construction process (including all subcontractors, assistants and labor) on all levels and ensure a timely and quality completion of project including keeping daily logs and generation weekly reports on construction progress. Oversee and coordinate all Building & Safety and City Planning and utility company inspections as required.
- Monitor all safety procedures, maintain a clean, safe site at all times and verify OSHA safety practices are followed.
- Maintain construction inventory list of company owned equipment, furniture, materials, etc. and return equipment to AMTEX’s corporate office upon completion of project.
- Oversee the quality control and assure product smooth transition to the Management Company.
- General work hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday but work on weekends may be required.
- Maintain an as-built set of construction plans color coding all changes and/or update with consultants and maintain an as-built file with all related information from consultants, government agencies, utility companies, etc.
- Work with Construction Manager on a monthly basis with the approval of all bills for construction draws and meet with construction lenders’ inspectors as required.
- Maintain a neat and presentable on site construction office and maintain all construction files including confidential subcontract files in an appropriate manner.
- Conduct all weekly subcontractor and foreman safety meetings.
- Use of personal vehicle will be required (valid driver’s license and insurance required).
- Exemplary organizational, leadership and communication skills, a high capacity to multi-task, a high level of self-motivation and the ability to manage construction field personnel and interact with all levels of City officials and construction lender officials.
- Position based at the construction site, local proximity to site is preferred but not required.
- A criminal background check and review of current driving record will be required.
- Salary – DOE
- Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense
- 401K participation
- Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years
- Eight paid holidays
- Project bonus based on individual and company performance after project Certificate of Occupancy and all punch list items have been completed.
- No phone calls, please.
- Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
AMTEX Construction, LLC, is a Farmers Branch, Texas-based, real estate development company that develops and builds high-quality multi-family rental affordable and market-rate homes. Since entering the Texas market in 2012, AMTEX has quickly established itself as a presence in the affordable housing and market-rate multi-family apartment landscape, and is an affiliate of AMCAL Multi-Housing, Inc. AMCAL was founded in 1978, and is one of the Nation’s leading housing development companies, developing rental residential properties throughout California, Texas and Washington, including Affordable Housing, Luxury Apartment Housing and Student Housing. For more information, visit our website at www.amcalhousing.com. AMTEX Construction, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer.