AMCAL General Contractors, Inc., a rapidly growing developer/builder of diverse real estate projects, is seeking an energetic individual to fill the position of Contract Administrator. Primary job responsibilities will be related to the administrative support for the construction of residential projects throughout Southern California.
Candidates should be skilled with the MS Office suite and recognize that detail-oriented tasks are critical to a business’s long-term success. This is a mid-level construction administrative position with greater project responsibility based on demonstrated ability. Familiarity with general contracting administration is a strong plus.
- Assist Construction Manager in the preparation of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Manage the approval and execution of all contracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Input pending commitments into accounting system for release to accounting once all required documentation is gathered. (Once contracts are executed, accounting will track and follow up on all insurance renewals.)
- Prepare and send out contract package consisting of payment application, lien releases, and payment schedule to match executed contract.
- Log and follow-up on insurance certs.
- Maintain log of all commitment related items such as contracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Generate payment schedule according to contract for subcontractors to include along with payment application and releases. Payment schedule will be generated on Excel and emailed to subcontractors.
- Create file folders for all correspondence between subcontractor and AMCAL during construction.
- Project Filing
- Use of personal vehicle will be required (valid driver’s license and insurance required)
- Exemplary organizational and communication skills, a high capacity to multi-task, and the ability to manage consultants and personalities are prerequisites
- Position based in Agoura Hills, CA – relocation not covered
- A criminal background check and review of current driving record may be required
- Salary – DOE
- Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense
- Life Insurance
- 401K participation
- Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years
- Eight paid holidays
- Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance after FYE
- No phone calls, please.
- Please email a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com
- This position will be filled immediately.
AMCAL General Contractors, Inc.
The AMCAL Group of Companies, one of the Nation’s leading housing development companies is developing quality rental and ownership residential properties throughout California, Texas and Washington, including Affordable Housing, Luxury Apartment Housing and Student Housing. The Company was founded in 1978. AMCAL General Contractors Inc. builds all of AMCAL’s projects. For more information, visit our website at www.amcalhousing.com. AMCAL General Contractors, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.