AMCAL Multi-Housing, Inc., a rapidly growing developer of diverse real estate projects, is seeking an energetic individual to fill a Land Acquisition position. Primary job responsibilities will be related to sourcing development sites for Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) financed and Market Rate financed multi-family housing projects throughout California. This position will work out of the Agoura Hills office in a fast-paced work environment.
Candidates for the Land Acquisition position should have a minimum of seven (7) years collective experience in a combination of the following areas: sales, entitlement processing, planning, law, marketing, or customer service related to the real estate industry, with preference given to recent experience in land acquisition or commercial brokerage as principal or agent. A demonstrated understanding of real estate development (single family, or multi-family rental or for-sale) metrics and influences (financing, zoning, construction, etc.) allowing the candidate to perform preliminary due diligence and feasibility analysis is required.
Candidates should be skilled with the MS Office suite; able to run database queries, and recognize that detail-oriented tasks are critical to a business’ long-term success. Understanding of the scoring criteria for allocations of LIHTC by the California Tax Credit Allocation Committee (CTCAC) is critical for candidate success, but not a prerequisite for placement.
This is an autonomous position with immediate accountability and responsibility for sourcing development sites. Financing, entitlements, development, and construction management are not primary responsibilities of land acquisition staff.
This position will report to the President of the Company in the Agoura Hills office.
· Meet the company’s annual land acquisition goals
· Manage title and escrow process from open to close
· Maintain contact with landowners, the brokerage community, and City Community
Development/Housing Departments to facilitate investment opportunities
· Identify and research available land
· Identify and research available funding sources for LIHTC projects
· Develop and execute Direct Response Marketing methodology to source direct-to
-principal opportunities – “off –market” deals
· Maintain files and databases and prepare reports related to land acquisition
· Understand land use patterns and changes that reveal acquisition opportunities
· Gather, analyze, and interpret market data
· Understand governmental processes necessary to entitle property
· Draft, negotiate, and close purchase agreements
· Communicate all agreement milestones and performance items to responsible parties
· Gather, analyze material from property seller
· Initiate and maintain ongoing cordial professional relationships with outside entities and
· Assist Project Manager in gathering material for due diligence sign off meeting.
Education and Experience:
Applicant should have a bachelor degree in a related field and work experience and/or graduate level of coursework in a field supporting the job requirements, with cumulative applicable work experience of at least seven (7) years. Commercial real estate brokerage experience a plus. Use of personal vehicle is required (valid driver’s license and insurance required)
· High degree of independence, motivation and accountability
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Sophisticated, tactful, and results-driven negotiation skills
· Knowledge of land use policies and entitlements
· Established network of owner, developer, broker and financier relationships to facilitate
· A comprehensive understanding of the real estate industry and its various property types
with a strong emphasis on multi-family
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with time sensitive material
· Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to work effectively with a team
AMCAL Multi-Housing, Inc.
The AMCAL group of Companies, one of the Nation’s leading housing development companies is developing quality rental and ownership residential properties throughout California and Texas including Affordable Housing, Luxury Apartment Housing and Student Housing. The Company was founded in 1978. An affiliated company, AMCAL General Contractors Inc. builds all of AMCAL’s projects. For more information, visit our website at www.amcalhousing.com. AMCAL Multi-Housing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.