AMCAL / AMTEX is a $2 billion developer, general contractor and owner of diverse residential real estate projects including student, market-rate and affordable housing in California and Texas. AMCAL / AMTEX headquarters are located in Agoura Hills with additional offices in West Los Angeles, Tustin, CA and Dallas, TX.
Jr. Asset Manager / Analyst
This position is based in the Dallas office and will report to AMTEX’s Director of Asset Management. The position’s primary responsibility will be for the performance of assets in the Company’s affordable housing portfolio. This is an opportunity to join a collaborative team environment with clear opportunities for growth. The ideal candidate will have strong analytic skills, understand how to read financial statements, asset management experience in the LIHTC industry, and most importantly a strong forthright work ethic. Success will be dependent on the candidate’s ability to thrive in an environment that is entrepreneurial, strategic and creative which requires rapid learning, multi-tasking and prioritizing under tight deadlines.
- Perform review of monthly property financial statements, including analysis of balance sheet, income statement and variance report, to support portfolio performance reporting for senior management, lenders and investors.
- Analyze property performance, valuation, market trends and operational strengths and weaknesses to inform strategies for maximizing value to the company.
- Assist with the annual operating and capital budgeting process. Utilize reports to evaluate portfolio performance against stated goals and communicate variances
- Manage cash flow, distribution analysis and investment projections
- Work closely with 3rd party property managers to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, analysis and approvals
- Assist with the assessment of project and partnership risk factors as they pertain to compliance with Section 42 (LIHTC) provisions, terms of the partnership agreement, loan documents, LURAs, QAPs, and tax credit application.
- Review annual project audit and tax returns prior to finalization and partner submittal.
- Provide operational feedback to Construction and Development teams to inform design, leasing, financing and disposition strategies for new development projects.
- Support due diligence efforts related to the acquisition, capitalization and disposition of assets.
- Prepare variance reports, analyses and portfolio summaries for senior management.
- Conduct detailed market research and comparative analysis.
- Assist with database implementation and maintenance thereafter.
- Prepare Ad/Hoc reports as required or other duties as assigned.
- Conduct periodic site visits to evaluate operating projects and new project markets.
- Willingness and ability to grow beyond initial responsibilities!
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Real Estate, Finance, or Business
- 1-4 years of relevant experience in multi-family asset management (GP side)
- Experience with Yardi, MRI or Integratech asset management software a big plus
- Working knowledge of Section 42 (LIHTC) principles and requirements
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with emphasis in financial analysis
- Understanding of real estate accounting principles and financial reporting procedures with ability to analyze variances
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret complex business documents including leases, financial reports, contracts, loan documents and regulatory agreements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Strong understanding of Excel is a must.
- Able to work proactively, independently and as a strategic partner in a team environment
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Some travel may be involved (<20%)
- Annual bonus potential
- Three weeks Paid Time Off annually (after 30 days)
- Full health coverage and benefits (after 90 days)
- 401(k) retirement plan (after six months)
- No phone calls, please
- Please email a cover letter and resume to Lux@AMCALhousing.com
The AMCAL Group of Companies, one of the Nation’s leading housing development companies, is developing quality rental and ownership residential properties throughout California and Texas including Affordable Housing, Luxury Apartment Housing and Student Housing. The Company was founded in 1978. An affiliated company, AMTEX Multi-Housing, LLC develops properties in Texas and AMTEX General Contractors Inc. builds all of AMTEX’s projects. For more information, visit our website at www.AMCALhousing.com. AMCAL Multi-Housing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Category||Asset Management|