AMCAL, a 40-year-old Southern California based developer and general contractor of diverse real estate projects in California, Texas and Washington, is seeking an energetic individual to fill the position of Senior Estimator. Primary job responsibilities will be related to the construction management of multi-family residential projects throughout California with an emphasis on urban in-fill markets.
Senior Estimator is responsible for providing both conceptual and detailed cost estimations for the ground-up construction of a variety of types of multifamily residential projects. This position is also responsible for collaborating with and participating in the planning design and construction document phases. The Senior Estimator will be expected to offer input as well as real-time feedback as to the design efficiencies and cost implications related to choices and options in the design of the project, and in the selection of appropriate product type, materials, assemblies, systems and finishes.
• Reports to Preconstruction and Predevelopment Vice President.
• Communicates with Construction Vice President, Construction Manager, Directors of Development and Development Managers on project design, pricing models, forecasting, trends and issues.
• Development and updating of pricing models which are used in establishing costs in the underwriting of new projects.
• Coordinates the project cost estimating process with project staff.
• Ability to provide both conceptual estimates of cost and detailed line item budgeting for projects in varying stages of design and development.
• Ability to estimate and forecast time periods required in the construction of projects.
• Maintenance of historical cost record of past projects.
• Assists Project Manager by providing data and support in the purchase of materials and contracting of work.
• Preparation and Distribution of bid packages, review, spreading and comparison of bid proposals and conducting interviews of potential subcontractors and vendors.
• Collaborates with the AMCAL project team, architects, engineers and other design and third party consultants in the preparation and review of contract documents.
• Keeps abreast of new construction technologies and products in the industry.
• Participates in constructability review and redlines of plans and specifications at designated design milestones.
• Develops RFP for design-build subcontractors and leads the coordination meetings for these subcontractors during the design process.
• Participates in the design and construction document phases of the project in efforts of reducing construction costs through design efficiencies and value engineering.
• Maintains pricing data necessary in meeting prescribed procedures and practices unique to certain local inspecting authorities.
• Establishes relationships with material suppliers, subcontractors and other construction pre-con managers and estimators in the local market and performs necessary and continuous market research on costing and pricing trends affecting the industry. Provides periodic updates on local market costs.
• Knowledge of construction practices and procedures, scheduling and safety standards and programs.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, take off and estimating software and scheduling programs.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Auto Cad, Rivet, BIM, Procore are desired.
• Strong organization, time-management skills.
• Ability to communicate well in English both written and verbally.
• Must be able to participate in site visits and job-walks.
• Exemplary organization and communication skills, a high capacity to multi-task, and the ability to work well with others are prerequisites.
• Personable and persuasive.
• Thorough and detail-oriented.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Bid Mail.
• A criminal background check and review of current driving record may be required.
• Use of personal vehicle will be required for travel and a valid driver’s license and insurance is required.
• Position based in Agoura Hills.
• Relocation not covered.
• Salary – DOE
• Health/Dental/Chiropractic coverage available for individual after three months. Dependents can be covered at employee’s expense
• Life Insurance
• 401K participation
• Three weeks leave (vacation, personal, sick) for the first six years
• Eight paid holidays
• Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance after FYE
• No phone calls, please.
• Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
AMCAL Multi-Housing, Inc.
The AMCAL group of Companies, one of the Nation’s leading housing development companies is developing quality rental and ownership residential properties throughout California, Texas and Washington including Affordable Housing, Luxury Apartment Housing, Senior Housing and Student Housing. The Company was founded in 1978. An affiliated company, AMCAL General Contractors Inc. builds all of AMCAL’s projects. For more information, visit our website at www.amcalhousing.com. AMCAL Multi-Housing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.